I can’t believe I haven’t posted anything on this blog for over a month! But today I’m gonna make it all up for you by posting a recipe for this indulgent dessert that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. Today I’ll be showing you how to make white chocolate and almond blondies!
This blondie is just as easy to make as my brownie and it only requires ONE bowl. I don’t know about you, but whenever I see a recipe in which only one bowl is used I am so relieved because that means less cleaning afterwards 😉
As always, I tried to make this recipe as easy as possible. You just toss in the ingredients one by one and mix them together. And you don’t even have to mix for too long, in fact.. you shouldn’t! When making desserts such as blondies or brownies you shouldn’t over mix the batter as it toughens the baked goods.
P.S. My square baking tin wasn’t available at the moment of me making my blondies, so I used a round baking tin instead, which resulted in my blondie looking like a giant cookie 😂
- 200g white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- 200g flour
- 125g butter
- 200g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup peeled almonds, chopped into halves
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC / 350ºF and line a small baking pan (I used a round one cause my square one was used for a different cake 😅 ) with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter on the stove-top or in a microwave and mix it with the brown sugar. Once the mixture has cooled down a bit, add the eggs. Make sure to mix the eggs one at a time and not all at once.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the wet ingredients and mix everything together, just until everything is incoorperated – do not overmix!
- In the end mix in the chopped white chocolate and almonds.
- Bake for around 25-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Let the blondies cool down completely before taking them out of the baking pan and cutting them.