Hi guys! Today I wanted to share with you a recipe that I tried out this summer, which is for a peach cobbler. This delicious dessert reminds me a bit of an apple or a berry crumble, except the obvious difference is that instead of apples or berries we have peaches and instead of a crumble topping we have a soft, buttery almost cake-like topping.
This will definitely be something worth making and serving to your family or guests as a dessert. You basically do a bit of mixing, a bit of dumping the ingredients inside a baking dish, a bit of waiting for the cobbler to bake and voilà! It can’t get any easier than that.
You don’t have to add any spices to the cobbler but I personally think that peaches and cinnamon are just an amazing combo. You can add some nutmeg or you can just keep it simple by skipping the spices all together. This peach cobbler is best eaten warm and tastes divine with some vanilla ice cream!
- 6-8 peaches
- juice from half a lemon
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 125g butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F and grease a baking dish.
- Peel and cut the peaches into cubes, mix them with the lemon juice, cinnamon, ¼ cup of sugar and potato starch. Next, place the peaches inside the baking dish.
- To prepare the crust beat together the butter, sugar and egg. Next pour in the milk and keep mixing until just combined. In the end add the flour, baking powder and salt and quickly mix everything again (do not over mix).
- Put the crust evenly on top of the peaches and bake everything for around 55 minutes or until the crust becomes golden brown and the peaches are bubbling around the edges.
- Tastes best when served with vanilla ice cream!