Since strawberries are in season, I thought.. why not use them as an ingredient in one of my desserts? So I came up with this recipe for a vanilla cheesecake with strawberry sauce. I was inspired by a New York style cheesecake, but since most of them are usually baked in a water bath, I thought I could do a simpler version without all the fuss 😁 (although I do plan on trying the water bath method in the future).
This delicious and refreshing dessert is perfect for summer and very easy to make, although you do have to be pretty patient with all the baking and cooling 😉 Also, if you happen not to have strawberries you can use any kind of berries for this dessert and it will work really well too!
The cheesecake is so dense and rich in taste. It will definitely satisfy your cravings for something sweet and is also incredibly filling. I ate it for breakfast along with a cup of coffee, what better way to start off the day? 😊
- 200g biscuits
- 80g butter
- 650g cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin until you get fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the biscuit crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 23 cm (9 inch) spring form pan and place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Using a mixer, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla extract, eggs, powdered sugar and flour in a bowl.
- Pour the filling on top of the biscuit crust.
- Bake the cheesecake at 180°C/350°F for 20 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 120°C/250°F and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Once it has baked, leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door ajar for an hour to cool down (this will prevent the top from cracking).
- While the cheesecake is in the oven, you can prepare the strawberry sauce: cut the strawberries into small pieces, mix with 4 tablespoons of sugar and cook over a medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, making sure to keep mixing. Leave the sauce to cool down completely.
- Once both the cheesecake and the sauce has cooled down, pour the sauce on top of the cheesecake and place in the fridge overnight.