Biscotti (or cantucci) are twice-baked Italian biscuits, which are dry and crunchy and usually dipped in a drink. Originally they contain lots of almonds and have a citrusy flavor. However, today I wanted to share my own version of them! So I’m sharing with you a recipe for these white chocolate and dried cranberry biscotti.
In my opinion this food combination is perfect, because I love both white chocolate and dried cranberries, but you can swap out the ingredients for something else like nuts or other dried fruit, just make sure you add the same amount as in the recipe.
This is a very quick and easy recipe to follow, which doesn’t even call for that many ingredients. I’m actually pretty sure that most people already have the main ingredients at home, and if you don’t have the exact same add-ins you can, like I previously said, switch them to something else 😉 I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 2 eggs
- 125 g butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla/almond extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 200 g white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F and line a baking sheet with parchement paper.
- In a bowl beat together the butter and sugar. Next add in the eggs and vanilla extract and keep mixing until everything is well combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix everything well. In the end stir in the chopped white chocolate and dried cranberries.
- Form a log out of the dough and place on the baking sheet. Bake it for about 25-30 minutes. After taking it out of the oven, let it cool for at least 10 minutes (the longer you let it cool the better).
- Cut the log into slices and place them on the baking sheet. Bake the biscotti at 180°C/350°F for 15 minutes until they’re golden brown.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee!