You won’t even believe how easy it is to make these cookies! And just look at how adorable they are! These reindeer cookies are definitely something you’ve got to try out this holiday season 🙂
These cookies are just simple sugar cookies, but the decoration is the part that makes them stand out. If you want to, you can decorate them in a different way or just leave them plain, however, I think that the reindeer are so cute and perfect for Christmas!
For the decoration I used pretzels as antlers, red and brown m&m’s as the noses and icing + melted chocolate as the eyes and mouths. If you want to find out how to prepare these cookies, then check out the recipe below! 👇
- 250g butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pretzels, cut into halves
- melted chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F and line two baking sheets with parchement paper.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one by one, and keep mixing.
- In a seperate bowl mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until everything is combined.
- Form small balls (the size of a walnut) out of the dough and place them on a baking sheet, leaving some space between each ball.
- Bake for around 12 minutes and take out of the oven.
- While the cookies are still warm, quickly press the m&m’s as the nose and the pretzels as the antlers into each cookie.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- When the cookies are at room temperature make the eyes and mouths. To make the eyes: squirt a small amount of icing as the eyes and wait until the icing sets, next use melted chocolate to make the pupils of the eyes. To make the mouths: draw the mouths using melted chocolate.