Yes, I realize that this is the third pie recipe in a row, but Banoffee pie is probably my favorite pie in the world! (..and I just used the word “pie” three times in one sentence 😅)
It is SO delicious and there are so many different textures and layers. We have the buttery biscuit crumb base, then the perfect food combination, which is bananas + caramel (dulce de leche) and to top it all off, there is the fluffy and creamy mascarpone cheese frosting 😍
To make this even better, this is a no-bake dessert, which anyone can do! It only takes a few simple steps to make this amazing treat. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the banoffee pie to chill in the fridge 😜
- 3-4 bananas
- 1 can dulce de leche
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 400 g biscuits
- 180 g butter
- grated chocolate for decoration (optional)
- Place the biscuits in a strong plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin until you get fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the biscuit crumbs, the texture should resemble wet sand.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a spring form pan.
- Cut the bananas into slices and lay in the bottom of the base.
- Spread the dulce de leche on top of the banana layer.
- Using a mixer, whip up the cream. Once the cream is whipped, add in the mascarpone cheese spoonful at a time, while still mixing.
- Spread the mascarpone cheese frosting evenly on top of the caramel layer.
- To decorate – sprinkle some grated chocolate on top of the pie.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.