As soon as I opened the oven to take this delicious treat out, the kitchen started to smell of strawberries and cinnamon! 😜 If you love strawberries then this is definitely a recipe you should try out.
Not only is this quick and easy to make, but also somewhat healthy 😄 Shortly speaking, it’s the perfect thing to snack on!
I baked my strawberry oat bars in a small rectangular pan. If you’d like to make a larger amount of these bars, then double the ingredients and make them in a slightly bigger tin. Hope you enjoy! 🙂
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 125g butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and line a small baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, oats, cinnamon, salt and sugar. Add the butter and honey and combine everything well. The mixture should be moist and crumbly.
- Place 2/3 of the mixture onto the bottom of the pan and firmly press it down with your hands.
- Slice the strawberries into halves and place them on top of the mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top of the strawberries and press down gently.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.