Yesterday I bought pumpkin seed flour for the first time. Before that, I had no clue it even existed! 😱 😆 But knowing that there are tons of different flours like coconut flour, almond flour, oat flour, I wasn’t at all surprised that there is also pumpkin seed flour. After all, you can make flour from any type of nuts or seeds.
The flour I used for this recipe is store bought, but you can also make this flour yourself at home. Just grind pumpkin seeds in a coffee grinder or blender until they turn to a powder. What caught my attention the most is that this flour, thanks to the pumpkin seeds, has a vibrant green color.. unlike other flours, which are usually brown or white 😜
These yummy gluten-free muffins are light, fluffy and moist. They make the perfect breakfast or tea-time snack!
- 2 small bananas (mashed)
- 4 eggs
- 5 tablespoons flavorless oil
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup pumpkin seed flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- Mix together the pumpkin seed flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the bananas, eggs, oil and brown sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and incoorporate everything well.
- Evenly divide the batter between the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.