This moist and rich chocolate banana cake is something everyone has to try. It’s the perfect dessert for when you’re craving something sweet and chocolaty. And best of all, it takes barely any time to prepare!
As much as I like warm and fudgy chocolate desserts, this one tastes the best when it’s cold. So leave it overnight in the fridge for a delicious breakfast in the morning! Because who doesn’t like dessert for breakfast? 😂
The cranberries are optional, but they add a little bit of sourness to this very sweet cake. You can also add nuts or chocolate chips, or you don’t have to add anything if you want a completely smooth texture.
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 3 bananas
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 200g of dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and grease a springform pan.
- Mash the bananas with a fork. Add the milk, oil, eggs and mix everything well.
- In a seperate bowl mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones.
- Toss in the cranberries or dried cherries (you can skip this step).
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan and bake for around 30-40 minutes.
- For the ganache: melt the chocolate and mix with the milk and coconut oil.
- Spread the ganache on top of the chocolate cake.