Today I’m posting a recipe for puff pastry cookies, also known as french palmiers or elephant ear cookies. You only need a couple of ingredients for these cookies and they are really simple to make!
All you need to do is sprinkle some sugar on top of a puff pastry sheet and roll two ends of the sheet towards each other (just like with a cinnamon roll, but this time you’re rolling from both sides) until they meet in the middle.
I made two variations of these cookies. Ones are cinnamon flavored, and ones are chocolate flavored. It’s up to you to decide which ones you wanna bake! Or you can bake both of course, like I did 😜
- 1 sheet store bought puff pastry
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the sugar with the cinnamon (or cocoa powder).
- Sprinkle the puff pastry rectangle with the sugar mixture and gently press it in.
- Roll each side of the rectangle towards each other until they meet in the center.
- Cut the log into about 1 cm (1/3 inch) slices and place them on the baking tray, leaving some space between each cookie.
- Brush each cookie with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until they puff and turn golden.