I’ve baked these cookies some time ago and was surprised at how tasty they are! They are also completely guilt-free and healthy. AND if that wasn’t enough, they are really easy to make.
All you need to do is mash the banana with a fork, mix in the rolled oats and shredded coconut.. and you have your base! I like to add a few spoons of maple syrup for extra sweetness. Next you can toss in things like raisins, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, cashews, peanuts, almonds.. the possibilities are endless! In this recipe I used some chopped dark chocolate and dried cranberries 🙂
You can eat these cookies for breakfast, as a snack or for dessert, they will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth!
Here is the recipe! I hope you give these cookies a try 😉
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl mix mashed bananas with maple syrup. In a seperate bowl mix the rest of the ingredients. Finally combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
3. Using a spoon or your hand, form your cookies and place them on the baking sheet.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes (until edges turn golden brown).
5. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes.